Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Here we go...again?

Tomorrow, Wednesday, is the Big Day. Elizabeth gets born one way or another. If she is head-down or willing to get that way, it'll be the same old, same old. I'll get 600mg ibuprofen and ice packs, home on Friday, Mass on Sunday, etc.

If she won't comply, she'll be surgically removed. [Yes, I'm trying to be lighthearted.] I'll get stitches and Vicodin, still home on Friday. After that I have no idea how I'll recover. I've been reassured that it's not the end of the world but I'm only human. I fear the unknown, same as I was afraid before Madeleine's delivery.

My biggest fear is, as with any mother, complications that could endanger my child. Regardless of how she exits the womb and enters the world, I would really appreciate the prayers.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

Praying, praying, praying.

Turn, baby, turn! Go Elizabeth!

I know that terrible uncertainty and fear of the unknown. I pray that you are able to be peaceful while waiting and peaceful no matter what happens.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Banshee said...

Glad to read on Dale's blog that all is well. Hurray! Congratulations!

Now, rest up. You've earned it. :)

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Heather:

I had two c-sections. And since you're now learning first-hand what they're like, you have additional prayers.

The biggest surprise, which you're probably discovering as I type this, is that your feet will swell in ways you would not imagine. It's normal, from all the fluids you receive in hospital.

Also, if they use staples, you'll feel LOADS better once they're removed.

Just try to take it as easy as you can; were that we lived nearer, I'd offer to help out. You will feel better.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Sister Mary Martha said...

We're having some words with St. Gerard.

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous bella said...

nice post ... i like the blog so much ... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home