Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Monday, December 03, 2007

We got it all done except...

...going to see Enchanted. Given our modern take on videos, too, knowing it will come out on DVD by next Christmas with appropriate Disney (read: even Osama bin Laden will know, whether dead or alive) publicity, I'm okay with that. Maybe we'll find time this week, besides.

We even had time to make a midnight run to labor and delivery after an hour of contractions every eight minutes, despite big drinks of water and lying on my left side for said hour. God bless Shelly and Kazz for coming over! They sent us home when, after an hour, I hadn't progressed beyond 1. I'm to the point where if I'm in labor, they won't stop it, but they won't give me anything to move it along. They did say we did the right thing, which was reassuring.
Note: We had to go in to the hospital through emergency because of the lateness of the hour. Daddy was in the lead, obviously. The security guard saw him and opened his mouth to ask something and then saw me. Immediately the light clicked on and he asked, "Would you like a wheelchair?" Then he radioed up to labor and delivery to tell them he was on his way with us.
I've said it before, and I'm saying it here again: I don't think we're going to make it to the 19th. My mom said yesterday at Mass she doesn't think we'll make it through the week. I think she's right.

And how was YOUR weekend?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Blogger HISchild said...

It would be so nice to meet Louis! Can't wait! The girls are excited too!

Ellen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home