Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Friday, November 30, 2007

God doesn't think I have enough to do, apparently.

You can laugh; it's not your life. I'm laughing now... hysterically.

Daddy has been gone two evenings/nights for his sleep study (nothing catastrophic). Our parish's Moms Club met last night for our annual Thanksgiving potluck, which I skipped because 1) I wanted to spend that hour with my husband and kids, and 2) he'd used up all of the fried onions in the tuna casserole so I didn't have them to make the green bean casserole I was to bring. Ah well.
I'm planning on grocery shopping this afternoon because we have other stuff going on this weekend: Christmas decoration, both inside and out. Purchasing a dresser for Rachel's stuff so Louie's can go into the dresser before he's born and the following transfer of clothing. Attending a Partylite party for some "time off." Rearranging the kids' room to allow for the crib and the to-be-reassembled toddler bed. Mass on Sunday morning, followed by the first rehearsal of the children's Christmas choir which Madeleine decided she wanted to join this year. The monthly Open House at the local one-room schoolhouse is this Sunday as well, and we've told the kids we'd go. I also ran into one of the volunteers and she said she'd bring the pictures of us from May when we went last time. And I wanted to take the girls (and the boys too, if they wanted to go) to see Enchanted this weekend, before Louie is born.
On top of all that, Madeleine has had a cough for about a week. I made the appointment yesterday to take her in this morning. Last night, in addition, she told me that her throat hurt when swallowing her saliva. All the more reason, right?
Well... the strep test came back positive. Along with thrice-daily albuterol and everything else, we have twice-daily amoxycillin (which she likes, so it's not THAT big a deal).

Who's guessing I'll go into labor this weekend too? Maybe I should pick up diapers this afternoon, along with everything else...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

I'd definitely pick up the diapers!

We're praying for you.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger momwithbrownies said...

HERE'S ANOTHER THING TO DO...
TAG! :-)

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Got the diapers. And the amoxycillin. Did you folks know that Meijer has free antibiotics?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home