Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The consequences of homeschooling

Sunday at Mass Madeleine turned to me and said, "Mama, I want to make my First Communion." She told the priest afterward.
Now we're officially on the road to sacrament preparation. Not that we weren't before, but now we have a little zeitsfleische to move things along. (I may have spelled the German wrong.)

Today as I was sitting down with Madeleine for school, Rachel joined us. "I need to do my reading, Mama."
Wha? "You mean the yellow reading book for Dale? You want to start reading?"
"I want to do reading, Mama," she insisted.
So we did.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Kasia said...

How old is Madeleine?

BTW, I think your German was almost right - you missed a "c" - "fleische"?

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Madeleine will be 6 next month, and her little sister 3.

And thank you for the German correction!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home