Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

'Tis a silly place.

1. We're at a seafood restaurant. Madeleine takes two straws, puts them on her upper canines, and says, "I am the walrus!"
Daddy replies, "Maddie, you're out of your element."

2. We return home from a Saturday morning walk with some garage sale purchases: some Fisher-Price Little People. "And they have a castle!"
Daddy says, "Do they dance? For fear the dawn would come too soon?"

3. Daddy has the hose to water the flowerbeds, and deftly gets the kids a little wet. They turn and flee with cries of "Run away! Run away!"

4. Rachel brandishes her fork at her father with a grin. "Say heyo to my yiddle fend!"

Yeah, our kids would fit in perfectly in school.
Kudos to anyone who can place all of the movie quotes. And before you freak out too much, no, the kids haven't seen any of them.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger DP said...

Well, I think it's cool. Ignore the silence of the heathen.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Zach said...

"Heathen"

Say the man who wants to go all Viking on James Carroll ...


peace,

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Zach said...

Which reminds me: it's YOUR FAULT that I've had Immigrant Song running through my head all weekend.

Along with the Viking Kittens movie reel.


peace,

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Gentlemen, gentlemen. Calm yourselves.

Thank you for your kind words, Dale. I do think that Zach has a point, except you WENT all Viking on Mr. Carroll already.

And Zach, if you can't identify even one of those films, Dale also has a point.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Zach said...

I didn't bother because I know I can't get them all (at least, without Googling). But #3 is easy (and the source of your post title).

And unless you went a lot further afield than Selfridge this weekend (and last I knew, Dale hadn't acquired a spear and magic helmet to use), he hasn't really gone Viking on Mr. Carroll yet.

Yet.

Although Dale, if you do want to work on a liturgy that uses "Immigrant Song", I'll be happy to help. I've been trying to figure out where to fit some Jethro Tull in, too. "Broadsword" comes to mind. :)


peace,

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Terry said...

1 is Big Lebowski-"VI Lenin! Vladimir Ilyanich Ulianov!"

4 is Scarface.

Is 2 Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail?

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Terry--
No, 2 isn't Holy Grail. Title and #3 are, though. And the others are correct.

I did think that one would be the tough one. And the kids don't quote it yet, but Daddy's trying. :)

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger DP said...

Terry:

I know you've seen the film. A hint: I'm playing off the "little people" reference.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Terry said...

I'm completely stumped. May I have a genre clue please?

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger DP said...

Mockumentary.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Terry--
"And the cats meow..."

"It wasn't his vomit."

Do those help?

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Terry said...

D'oh! With a move coming up, the brainwaves aren't going to 11.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home