Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Friday, September 12, 2008

They seem so normal.

The girls like dolls, princesses, and pretending. The boy likes cars, messes, and explosions. Then they come off with things like (and yes, this conversation really happened)...

After finishing Madeleine's rainbow birthday cake, I hear, "Rachel, you look like a vampire!" She'd apparently had the red part.
Rachel, grinning: "Bleah!"
Me: "What do you guys know of vampires?" I read Anne Rice. I know vampires.
Dale: "They're monsters that try to get you." Apparently, he's gleaned something from Scooby Doo on Bomerang--but that's a whole different post.
Me: "No, they get you and drink your blood."
Dale: "And eat your brains!"
Daddy and I together: "No, that's zombies."
Rachel: "Bleah!"
Daddy: "How do you kill a zombie, son?"
Dale: "Shoot 'em in the head!"

I can envision it now. We're at DIA for one of their family days. For ease of identification they're all wearing their Little Lebowski Urban Achievers shirts. Madeleine asks, "Is that Judith with the sword? Where is Holofernes' head?" Dale is wandering around singing to himself, "I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay, I sleep all night and I work all day..." Rachel is pirouetting about, telling complete strangers how much she likes Red 40. Lou mercifully has fallen asleep in the stroller.
A museum employee taps me on the shoulder. "Are they all yours?"
Yep. Completely.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger Zach said...

Heh.

You two make me feel like I'm neglecting our kid's edumacation...

:)

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger DP said...

You know, I can't be held responsible for your childraising methods while I'm at work.

[Sprints to panic room.]

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Kasia said...

How exactly does one kill a zombie?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home