Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

I love to cook.

I know, it's one of those housewifey things I'm supposed to find drudgery, but I don't. I love the creative aspect, the watching for changes, the tasting, the warm full feeling of a well-prepared meal. Baking goodies is my favorite. Except cakes. They're a creative letdown.
I've developed a fondness for banana muffins. It's only Betty Crocker's recipe, nothing fancy. And it's something the kids can and really like to help with--peeling and mashing the bananas especially. But I add things. It started with chocolate chips (I use 1/2 cup), then butterscotch chips (preferred by my husband).
Today was the day to make them, since the grocery store closest to home has bananas for 29 cents a pound and if SOMEONE IS PAYING ATTENTION HE'LL BRING SOME HOME. We're deep in the throes of making them and I realized we're out of chips--no chocolate, no butterscotch. I found a bag of M&Ms, though. Why not?
I think the banana does something to the coloring in the candy shells because I saw the streaks of color as I spooned them into the cups, but they're still delicious.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger DP said...

Yeah, SOMEBODY--pay attention!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Somebody's book arrived today, too.

The bananas are just a gimmick to make sure the lasagna is done before you get home. It didn't go in until 4:38.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Heather said...

But we are really out and they really are 29cents a pound at Shoppers, according to your mother-in-law yesterday.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Mmm, banana bread. Gotta make some soon too.

And Cooking is BY FAR my favorite household task. I used to cook goodies just to get The Husband to do the dishes. That's the least favorite task around here. Can a 4 year-old do dishes? She'd have to stand on a chair...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home