Domestic Bliss Report

Motherhood is hard work. If we don't stick together, we'll all fall apart.

Monday, May 12, 2008

This is hard for me...

but my best friend is at the hospital right now.

He woke up with what he thought was digestive trouble, but given what else it could be, we aren't taking chances. The kids think he's just at work and I'm desperately trying to be "normal."
And today's dance class day, with recital tickets to be purchased as well...

Prayers, please, that he's okay.

UPDATE 12:00PM: First EKG is good, but they're admitting him and going to do a stress test. More to follow.

UPDATE 12:40 PM: They aren't doing the stress test until tomorrow morning and thus are keeping him until then. Now, what and when to tell the kids? God, thanks for having me plan "leftovers" for dinner tonight...

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I will pray, pray, pray!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Peanut Butter Kisses said...

Oh my goodness! We are praying here too! Keep us posted!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Binarypc said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Binarypc said...

We are definitely praying for you guys. Bob W (Peanut Butter Kisses Hubby)

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

Oh Heather, my heart leaped into my throat when I read this. I'll be praying for both of you.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

Praying for you all...

I have similar dilemmas with telling the girls where Daddy is and why. Kasandra knows that Daddy is with the "Army", but no details. Mary just talks to his picture. I would tell them only what they absolutely need to know, which will probably be much more for Madeleine than for Rachel, and Louis can always remain blissfully ignorant. O the wonders of babyhood. Good luck with all of it!

Catherine

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Praying, Heather.

For the kids...boy, I've never had to do that so I don't know. I guess I would tell them Dad wasn't feeling well, so he went to see the doctor and is spending the night with them in the hospital. I think their concern will come more from how you *act* and the tone of *your* voice, rather than the words.

I'll pray for you.

And if you need anything, shoot me an e-mail.

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Matthew A. Siekierski said...

Heather, if you need anything at all, call.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for both of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home